There are a lot of health foods out there that you can benefit from adding to the diet, but many of them fail to provide the same exceptional qualities and quinoa. Pronounced keen-wah, this seed is oftentimes considered a grain and is packed with vitamins, minerals, protein, antioxidants, and many of the other ingredients we need to stay healthy. It is labeled a superfood with good reason. Now that the what is quinoa question is answered, it is now time to learn why you should include it in your diet, if the fact that it is a superfood isn’t enough to convince you to make the addition.
You should eat quinoa because:
· It is high in protein: You get 3-grams of protein in every cup of quinoa!
· There are many varieties of quinoa. Traditional and red are the most common.
· Quinoa is versatile and can be consumed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You will find a plethora of ways to prepare the food!
· It is easy to prepare the superfood and requires just 15-minutes to complete from start to finish.
· You will have more energy and feel better.
· Quinoa is packed with antioxidants that help fight the signs of aging. Everyone wants to look their best and when the free radicals are out of the skin that is much easier.
Finding quinoa to prepare for your family at home is not difficult. You’ll find it on the shelf at your local supermarket and at many natural food stores. It is also sold at various retailers online. Many people prefer the convenience that comes when they shop for their superfood online. It is easier to shop online, there is a bigger variety and oftentimes, the prices are better.
It is important that you do everything that you can to protect your good health no matter how old you are. One of the easiest, best ways to protect and improve your health is by eating foods that are nutritious and good for you. Quinoa fits that bill perfectly, serving as a superfood that will help you feel good and maintain the best health. No matter who you are, quinoa is a good that you need in your life.